as soon as i could muscle my way through a chapter book, i usually had two or three going a time. i spent a lot of time with my nose in a book and while i still love to read, i've done a lot less of it in the last few years. a good bit of it has to do with having kids and having a lot less time to myself. but then there's a more embarrassing part of it that has to do with dumb television and 235 levels of game, two dots.
so in an effort to not let another year pass by wishing i had read more, a book list for 2015. 15 books in 2015. a short enough list that i can actually achieve it with a new baby on the way, but long enough that i can have an alternative to spending countless hours rocking a baby and playing candy crush. some i've already started, some i've heard great things about, and some that i'm hoping the reviewers of amazon won't let me down for.
- desperate: hope for the mom who needs to breathe
- the highly sensitive child: helping our children thrive when the world overwhelms them
- the story of marriage
- becoming myself: embracing god's dream of you
- grace for the good girl: letting go of the try-hard life
- bittersweet: thoughts on change, grace and learning the hard way
- the circle maker
- make it happen
- the fringe hours: making time for you
- quiet: the power of introverts in a world that cant't stop talking
- bird by bird: some instructions on writing and life
- this is where i leave you
memoirs and tina fey.
- in the land of blue burqas